Thursday, July 28

moron

I had the bright idea of decorating my bathroom yesterday. Now my back/legs/arms/eyebrows ache, and i still have to do another coat of white, and go out and choose/buy the paint for the top half of the walls.

And I've been tagged by the Knitted Terrorists (Have your homes been raided yet for having a name like that?)

id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
Pronunciation Key
n. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies
A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.

Write down five of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your live gerbil or friendslist to do the same. (What the hell is a live gerbil? Is it like a live Hamster?)

1 - I hate long fingernails. As soon as my nails grow even slightly, i cut them off. They get in the way of typing and knitting and doing up trousers and stuff. I hate the feeling of having long nails, it creeps me out.

2 - I'm the only person in this house who can load the dishwasher properly. I always have to take everything out and re do it, so i can fit about 7 more things in.

3 - I like to tidy. A lot. I think it's annoying the parents because I keep tidying things up that they're using or want leaving out. Power tools in the kitchen is the most annoying.

4 - I hate going to places i've never been to before on my own. Even if someone i know is going to be there. I always think i'll get lost or turn up 2 hours early, or the person i'm meeting won't be there or something like that.

5 - I am never late. It is impossible for me to be late. Sometimes i'm on time. Most of the time I'm early. I one tried to turn up for work late because i knew i'd be sitting in my car in the middle of december at 7am waiting for someone with keys to the factory to turn up. So i left 10 minutes later than i usually do. I was still 5 minutes early.

3 comments:

Rachy said...

I was going to post something like your fingernails one on my idiosyncracy thing! my nails grow really fast (like, in a week) after i cut them, it's really annoying. and my hair grows really slow, and i'm trying to grow it longer. i wish they would just swap, short nails and long hair, and i'd be happy.

i hate the sound of long nails scratching things too, even when it's just me scratching my arm, it creeps me out. i don't know why!

Carolyn said...

The being late thing? Yep, that's me too. I have a pathalogical fear of being late for anything.

So..... expect to see you outside Sloane Square tube station on the 20th at about 9 then?? :)

holly said...

Rachy - Thank god i'm not the only one! Everyone else just things i'm weird. Finger nails are gross, lol.

Carolyn - Most probably, yes! I once turned up at the train station to pick my brother up 2 hours early. But that's because i can't tell the time, lol. I'll probably be there about half an hour early knowing me! I'll leave in plenty of time because i've never been to Sloane Square before!