Saturday, September 17

Gay Sunday!

So tomorrow I'm off to London (again) to see some of my wonderful BME friends, and I can't wait! The plan is lunch in camden, then 3 or 4 of us are off to London Zoo!. Checking out the website last night to see how much tickets were, I was noticed that tomorrow just happens to be Gay Sunday at the Zoo! 20% discount on tickets, access to a chill out lounge, and a free cocktail if you print off the voucher. There's even going to be a drag queen! So we're all going to be gayfortheday.
*Starts singing "I'm going to the zoo, zoo, zoo. How about you, you, you?"

The other day I started and finised the Bubby Bear pattern from the latest Knitty. He is so adorable. I couldn't quite get the picking up stitches to start the legs to work, so one leg looks like it may fall off any second, but I still love him.



I used 2 strands of Lorna's Laces sock yarn held together, left over from the socks. There are few things more frustrating than having to work on DPNs when you only have 1 or 2 stitches on each needle, but I persisted and I'm quite glad I did. As you can probably tell from the bottom of the feet I completely disregarded the grafting instruction because I couldn't be bothered to find out how to do it, and just pulled the ends in. You can just about see the dodginess of the right leg as well (or left leg, depending on how you look at it).
I think I'll be making more of these.

Also, big huge hugs to Pettie. Hope you're ok sweetie xxx.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Bubby looks very smart in his stripes! How fun.

ra said...

well i think he's cool. Grafting is great, I love it and can't quite believe how well it turns out when I do it. It's Soooo NEAT! Have to admit that I still need to sit with the correct page of an instruction book open in front of me to do it but go on, take the plunge!

diary of a knitknit said...

Bubby's cool! I have to make one myself when I've finished my comfort knitting. Maybe a posh one in Noro Silk Garden?

Thanks for thinking of me, very sweet of you. Hope you had a lovely day in London.
hugs