Saturday, October 29

This entry will have lots of photos...

Photo time!

The holiday was fantastic, I had a brilliant time, and I really wish I was still there. I resisted the urge to phone work and tell them I wouldn't be in for another week/month/year/ever. So, because I'm better at the photo taking than the writing and explaining how amazingly wonderful this place is, I shall let the photos do most of the talking (all of them are clickable for bigger versions).



This is where we stayed. Well, to be precise we stayed in the one 3rd from the right - the one with the white towel over the balcony. Now lets put some perspective on that photo shall we? If I turned 180 degrees on the exact spot that photo was taken, this is what I saw...




The entire beach is like that, full of rock pools full of fish, shrimps, and crabs. You can spend an entire day walking around with a chicken leg on some fishing wire and watching everything come out and eat it. Now, if you go and stand on the roof, you get this kind of view at roughly 8:30 in the morning.



And these two, you have to click on to get a decent sized version...




There was one night when the clouds and the sea turned pink. These are true colours, no colour editing at all...



Now lets add some cuteness into all the views, this is Chloe. Everyone say "awww!"...



Now back to the views. about 20 minutes down the road from where we were is a small bay. Lovely sandy beach with the clearest warm(ish) water. On each side there's sand stone cliffs that are the most amazing shapes, with giant smooth curves in them...



We went there twice, on the first day there were loads of small pink jellyfish everywhere.



There were hundreds of fish as well, which swam all around you. Just a few steps out you could stand and hold a piece of bread in your hand, and hundreds of them would come and eat it.



So as well as going to the beach I had the best steak in the world, the best lamb in the world, and the best chicken in the world. I won't bore you all with hundreds of photos of Chloe!
So yes, basically a holiday that revolved around beaches and food - wonderful! I'm already planning going back next year for my birthday - this time for two weeks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=24072553

Elisabeth said...

I love the pink sea & clouds pic!
So Gorgeous. :-)

zibibbo said...

Wow! Aboslutely spetacular pics there!
So lovely, looks to be an ideal holiday spot.

PURLPOWER said...

what fab pics you took Holly. Share some more why dont cha?

Carolyn said...

Great photos Holly! Glad you had such a fab time.