Saturday, April 21

Last night I went to see The Illusionist with Ma. Pretty damn good film. I have a thing for Edward Norton, I must admit, but that was just the icing on the cake really. I always say the sign of a good film is if you walk out the cinema and want to go and do what you've just been watching (And no, I'm not talking about doing Edward Norton...though I wouldn't say no...), like when I went to see Memoirs of a Geisha I wanted to go to Japan. When I saw Pulp Fiction and Human Traffic I wanted to take lots of drugs. When I first saw Dogma I wanted to read the bible (but never did), when I saw Pirates of the Carribbean I wished I didn't get so horribly sea sick so I could go and be a pirate.
Last night I walked out the cinema and wanted to learn some magic tricks. And do Edward Norton...

Today has been fairly uneventful. I went in for overtime from 8 til 12, came home and had a shower, sat and watched Shaun of the Dead (makes me want to fight zombies, fling records like frisbees and eat a cornetto), realised I'd been sitting around for about 4 hours in a towel, got dressed, drank a cup of tea, and have just told my brother how to make moussaka. How exciting! I'm sure tomorrow will be just as thrilling.

Now the parents have been introduced to the new tattoos (no eye rolling or tutting - always a good sign!) I can post photos here.


Freshly done and covered in cling film.


A couple of days old, looking quite dark. Realising it's hard to take an in focus photo of both your wrists at the same time.


Taken today. Quite a bit lighter (and will go lighter still) and nice and scabby.


Now I'm going to find something to eat. I forgot to get chicken out the freezer for the 100th time today so I've no idea what I'm going to have. It's times like this I miss having a microwave. Or wish I could find the instructions for my cooker because I'm pretty sure one of the little pictures means "defrost", but I've no idea how it works. Dinner will probably involve mushrooms, I bought quite a lot of them at the co-op earlier.

No comments: