Saturday, May 26

I managed to a whole day of work without dying on Friday, but I said no to overtime. Instead of working I have spent my day pottering about. This morning I made a half arsed attempt at tidying the spare bedroom. I reorganised some wardrobe space and sorted the big pile of clothes on the bed in to three smaller piles. I finally did something with the very last box of stuff left over from when I moved in 6 months ago - I shoved it under the bed in the spare room to be forgotten about. What I really need is a rail for the tall wardrobe so I can make more space in the wardrobe in my bedroom. I also need to get rid of the old TV unit thats in pieces in there, and try and convince someone to buy my 15" LCD TV from me. After that all that I'll need to do it find a place for the box full of crap (my old stereo, a broken DVD player, my NTL box, an old VCR and various wires and remotes), and find something pretty to hang on the walls so it doesn't look so bare.

After that mini tidying spree I decided to go to sainsburys. This was a bad idea for two reasons. One, it's a bank holiday weekend, therefore it was absolutely packed and I had an urge to kill everyone there. Two, I'd said to myself I wasn't going to spend any more money this month and I ended up spending £74. Oops. Oh well, pay day this week. At last.



After that I made a start on the ever present Giant Pile Of Washing Up (GPOWU) and ate some strawberries. Not at the same time, mind you. Lunch consisted of left over pasta+whateversinthefridge from last night, plus basil. Oops, Holly bought a basil plant. I'm going to need more windowsils at this rate! Then I got bored and took photos of flowers.



Now I'm sitting on the couch thinking it's going to start raining any second now, and looking at the IKEA catalogue thinking I'm going to be so poor when I go there...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shopping always makes me consider genocide, bank holiday or not. Kids now in bed, Ruth at pictures and how fucking bored am I that I read your shopping list? Laters ya leafy bastard.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, not very anonymous was I?

Holly said...

Well you could've taught Cooper to use the computer, but I'm not sure she'd be too good at typing!
I'm sure you have more interesting reading material in the mini room than my shopping list!

Anonymous said...

dsfejyhunb hgytikm,nhtg nbol
-message from Cooper(needs alot more practice!) XXX